Dad's Birthday


Last weekend was my dad's brithday celebration ( his actual day is today). Happy Birthday Dad!
It's been ages since he had any celebration.. come to think of it, I can't really recall any in fact!

But why this year u ask? To him, turning 55 is some sort of a milestone.

I had to agree.
Afterall, not alot of people had the good fortune to live to 55 & be healthy & working still.


3 months back, we started planning... booking a chalet at Costa Sand Resort in Pasir Ris.
He was very excited, calling up his friends, brothers, in-laws & relatives. Planning what to bring, what to pack, catering for the evening & even the schedule for the day.

I too, contributed in a small way.. did a email invite for the close relatives (refer to pic) & order his birthday cake. It's a pretty neat cake.. 'awfully chocolate'. It's delicious!

As the day creeps up.. before we know it, the Big day has arrived. We woke up early (10am+ to be exact.). Headed to buy drinks.. and my.. I've never seen so many drinks on a trolley before!
Next, down to collect the cake. I was pleasantly surprise.. a cake shop with no cakes on display at all!!

It was done in a 'clean' concept.. all white with minimum furniture, very cool! ( pics will be uploaded soon.. it's in my hp).

Friends & releatives starts streaming in soon.. & before I know it.. at the last count.. we had over 50 people.. young & old in the chalet.

I can see dad a very very happy man. I can underestand. To have so many people turning up for your birthday is a tremendous honour & show of your character.

I was so proud of him!

Way to go, dad! You're the man!!

I don't ask for much.. but I hope that by the time I turn 55.. I'll be able to repeat my dad's feat.
Hopefully....



Below are the pics.. enjoy!














































































































No comments: