friday's thoughtsExpressing you




























Just read an
entry from someone's blog of her dad passing away.. it's really sad.. and it really got me thinking about the Asian culture.


Why is it so hard for us to express our emotions and feelings to our parents?


"I love you"..

just 3 words.. but it takes a herculean effort just to utter it to them. Speaking from the horse's mouth, I can understand why...


I wanted to.. I tried, best I could do is express it in a card. To be really honest, it feels awkward to verbally express it, but before you start condemming me.. and telling me how much I'd regret when I don't have the chance anymore when I wanted to in future... "let he who is guilt-free cast the 1st stone".


I'm determined. Determined that I'd not allow this kind of culture to evolve in my future family.

I'm always filled with envy with the countless american sitcoms and movies showing their family cultures... "I love you" has almost the same headcounts as"Bye".


It's not easy for me to change this with my family now.. but at least I know for my very own future family, I can set the type of culture.. "freedom of expression". Where "I love you"s shall float freely amongst all family members and it's a pre-requisite to "bye".





No comments: