A Heroine

Read a story about this girl name Joan on Sunday Times (23 Mar 06).
She is suffering from Stage IV cancer yet her indominable fighting spirit & bravery even when staring right in the ugly face of death has touched many if not all whom have read her story.

I believe there is something we all can learn from this remarkable young girl... every now & then, we are complaining about work, money, places to go, to have fun. Yet this girl is fighting for her life & she isn't even complaining.

I'm deeply touched by her entries esp the post Mar 14 '06, it really made me feel her desperation, her fears. Somehow, it reminded me about a part of the bible.

On the night when Jesus was arrested, the usually calm & composed Jesus broke down, cried & pleaded with God not to let him suffer or forsake him. That was the human side of the Lord.

Similarly, the human side of Joan surface in the post despite her strong & brave outlook.
To me, that is true strength...

I'm sure we all could relate to that. But not all are brave enough to let that human side surface...


Joan, you will always be in my prayers. Remain strong, the Lord will fight the battle for you.

Her blog here

The blog her friends setup for her here

No comments: