friday's thoughtsNext






















In just a few more days.. it'll be May 2007. Almost half the year has just flashed by.. how time flies. And in another half year or so, I'll be truly in the bracket of the late twenties. With an average lifespan of 75years.. that's about a third of my journey if I've the good fortune & blessings to live to that ripe old age.

Been fondly reminiscing about my past.. my childhood, my teenage years and my army days... Each part of life brings a new adventure, new lessons and new skills... resulting in who I am today.

Recently a startling revelation occured to me. Found my gaze are often attracted to babies & kids as to beautiful woman. Starting a family is definitly a major commitment. It'll be tough.. especially in the formative years as adjustments in lifestyles have to be made, sacrifices and dedication.

Financially... it'll be a big drain as well. Though through careful, prudent saving and planning.. that journey can involves a little less hiccups.

I've no idea when it'll be my turn to draw down my very own family tree.. but I do look with envy at the many young families popping up around me.

Ready to take the next step? Guess emotionally and mentally... I just can't wait. Though I'm trying to be ready in other factors..

Some friends have told me.. why settle down so young? Don't you want to enjoy life without the family chains?


I've had enough... I told them. I've had my share of wild parties, crazy drinking sessions, hooking with with different companions every now and then, living on the edge with my 'band-of-brothers' picking fights and being a public nuisance.

Those will always be fondly embedded in my memories but there will always be a time when nature kicks in and you find yourself yearning to progress to the next stage.





6 comments:

柠檬草 said...

You are emotionally prepared to get married, just wait for you to join marriage group... :D

Anonymous said...

nice pic! trav! warm leh :)

Rhea said...

I am a believer of marriage too. Something i thought it is a scary thing.It is really huge commitment yet i still want my freedom of going out with friends in my own space. I guess is a lot of mental factors too. Really have to be mentally prepare toward this direction.

Emily said...

You get to cook your own meals, do your own chores and do grocery shopping to stock up your OWN fridge! Hmm...how come it sounds more like quite a tiring chore! :p

Speaking from the horse's mouth, it's not all that bad either. You can still have 'me' time with your friends even tho you're married. :)

trav said...

Guess each has their own perception, expectations and apprehensions about marriage... much like drawing a line.. no two lines are identical but they all reaches their destinations.

Starting a family is indeed an exciting thought with many responsibilities that are often taken for granted before but it's considered a blessing to be able to do all these 'chores' with your love one.

Anonymous said...

Very well written post! You seemed alot more mature than just someone in their late 20s.

Love reading your blog by the way!!
Keep up the good work.