thurday's thoughtsBring out the chips!!





I
can't wait... in just 9 more days... I'll be basking in the

full HD glory of this 50 inch beauty, with it's built-in 80GB
HDD.. I can even preset & record my favourite Discovery
channel, sweet!!

Another killer feature that seals the purchasing dilema
between LCD & Plasma for me is the gaming part... it's
called Burn-In. So what is Burn-In you ask...?

Burn-in, sometimes also referred as permanent image
retention, is an effect of an after-image appearing
on your plasma or other phosphor-based screen after
a still picture is displayed for an extended period
of time.

The most common type of burn-in is the result of
watching 4:3 video with black bars on both sides
on a 16:9 screen. Other examples of burn-in may
include 2.35:1 movies watched on a 16:9 screen
(black bars on top and bottom), non-transparent
channel logos, fixed parts of the screen used, for
example, for teletext or weather display, video and
computer games, logos and menus, or even a paused
DVD or DVD title menu.

Like an answer to my prayers.. this cool LG Plasma
has an Obiter feature that totally eliminates this
problem... coupled with my 5.1 THX & Digital surround
JBL home theater system... it's simply heavenly!! Now
I can game to my heart's content with my next purchase..
Nintendo Wii!

Going home will never be the same again...
LOTR Movie-Marathon anyone?

No comments: