monday's thoughtsPan Fried Pepper Spagetti anyone?
































My first formal foray into cooking.. thought I'll start with something simple and something edible that I won't mind eating.. Pan-Fried Spagetti! So, a few days back, went over to Cold Storage near my favourite haunt, Ah Mei @ Railway Mall... got myself some Virgin Oil, Spagetti & Pepper.. wanted to get Peppercorns instead but their range was pretty limited, so just settle for some pepper grounds.

Alright, think I shall skip the cooking process as I'm probably a worse cook than you guys! Surprisingly after 20 odd-minutes, I emerge from the smoke-filled kitchen unscathed, it's done! (I made an accidental discovery on the way too... that olive oil makes wonderful smoke bombs!)

Well.. results? It's pretty good I must say! I managed to finish a huge serving, my mom who came home shortly after thought I ordered Pizzahut's pasta! hahaa..

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my 1st attempt, smells good, looks ok but taste wise could be improved. It's a little hard (though I've already boiled it for close to 20mins... usually it'll take 10-15mins only.), a tad too much salt.. and lack of other ingredients. Maybe I'll add in some prawns and other seafood next time!?

Oh, 1 more thing.. I've no idea olive oil burns up so fast! Now half my pan is black.. haha.. a good learning experience!




No comments: