27 Years of Journey

Yey... i just grew a step closer to my thirties.. hmm.. in fact, I'm now officially 3 steps away from the big THREE. Horrendous thoughts... considering what little achievements I've to my belt in my 27 years of existence in this unforgiving world ladden with wars, famine, Michael Jackson and Superstars born on Campus who are still having pocket money and are barely out of their teens. Sssheesh!

As with all things.. there's always a balance. Yin & Yang, Boy & Girls (Homos don't count.. =p), Positive & Negative, Suddam & Bush, China & the World, blah blah blah.. I'm glad to have found little treasures along my ardous journey of life so far..

The little treasures I've discovered:

1) Family and home - No matter how the war went at work or how how heavy the rain lashes outside.. It's always warm, comfy and protective at home.

2) True Friends - Why not friends you say? Well.. in my opinions, I believe in life everyone encounter many friends, while some are just passing through, some will stick around for some time, but true friends will continue the journey together with you. So, I'm glad that I'm not alone in my journey.

3) A Gem.. of a soul. - Like many discoveries of precious metals, most of its raw form is less then desirable. Despite many setbacks and negative advises in my attempt to remove all the grim and grime... I'm glad I stood my ground and held on to my belief, the little beauty is starting to shine through. Although I wish to be rewarded with the Gem after all my 'hardwork', guess I'm already contented to be given an opportunity to go this far..


Well, my 3 'treasures of life' is certainly not new nor unique, but it's all I need to continue down the unbeaten path..


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly separate note.. I've had another wonderful surprise celebration planned by someone special.



1st time celebrating at a bowling alley.. haha guess now all knows I'm addicted to bowling.. hehe..
Making a wish.. hmm.. mine last year already came through!
Darn.. everytime I do this.. there's always 1 more candle to blow out.
I feel like I'm cutting a wedding cake.. muahahaa
Marrying myself??


Tks for planning the pleasant surprise baby!
Thanks for coming Emily, Dylan and Bryan!
Thanks for coming and buying the cake, Tianfu, Joyce, Fiona, Dexter and Jeremy (thanks for the present too!!)
A group pic!
Nice!!
Oh ya, I forgot to add.. I got a very unique present too.. from the bowling coffeeshop uncle. He's very nice actually, providing us with ice for the wine.. and hehe.. he even ask me to sign on the wine bottle which he is displaying proudly among the trophies at the shop..
Will upload more pics of the unique present and a video of me popping the champaign soon as those files are not with me.

No comments: