JobHop

Was reading an article in the papers about company loyalty.. & it kinda got me thinking...

Company loyalty, hardly applicable in today's society. As I've mentioned in my previous post, I hardly knew anyone who stayed in a job for more than 2 years.. scary huh?


Well, I believe the fault lies with the company as much as the employees... I mean, the reason most people hop is $$. They feel undervalued and over worked.

In my opinion, if my company fails to recognised my value & rewards me appropriately... it's not a place for me to sink my roots. It'll just be a stepping stone.

I simply hate companies who treats their employees like idiots but expect them to perform like genius. I really respect companies who put employees' welfare & benefit at the forefront... and I simply loathe companies who even tries to cheat their employees of a public holiday just because it falls on a sunday. Not to mentioned ZERO benefits other than the stipulated guidllines laid down by the government. Despicable!!


Oopss.. abit off topic..



Ok, company loyalty.. If you're an employer reading this..
pls take heed...
1) Respect your staff - they work for you not your slave!
2) Don't try to shortchange your staff - You didn't hire idiots, did you??
3) Pay them their worth & mayb abit more. - Your staff is your true asset, not your product or services!!!
4) Don't be an ass.... be nice! ( yes, you can be nice & firm at the same time...)
5) Listen. You may be the busiest man in the world but you'll be even busier if you have no staff left. Set aside maybe 1 afternoon a month, totally free from calls, meetings & appts... let your staff from any level know they could address their concerns or unhappiness directly with you.


Well, these 5 basic points.. if you follow them to the core.. I assure your turnover rate will reduce by at least 75% a year!!



Hmm.. boss, hope you're reading this.. =)



No comments: