Death in Perspective

Not long ago, I posted an entry on life, guess it's time for the other end of the rainbow.

You know, at times I would wonder when will the day that I’ll close my eyes for good, how will it be. Will I be missed, will I be remembered, what have I accomplished in my walk through life?


Sometimes I wondered too, I always seem to be the one taking the effort to keep in contact with long time friends. If one day, I were to leave this world... would anyone had known or realise?


I guess so far, I’d live a life without fear nor regrets.


Death is not a scary thing in my opinion, it’s the memory of your life that makes it sad. But I guess the hardest part of death is not the dead person, but the persons closest to the departed. In my view, that feeling is alot worse than death itself.

What is really scary is that all your memories will be gone. Much like your thumbdrive, imagine storing all your life's photos, videos, friends' contacts, your work, your love, your life...then one day someone just simply decided to reformat it. All gone.


Scary thought.



Who would I call when the end draws near...? There are a few people that I’d like to hear their voices again.


People whom are very very special to me, though she is no longer a part of my life. She had brought tremendous value & joy to my life then. Her angelic voice always a delight to hear, her calming & gentle touch always send bolts of excitement through my body.


Jason, my buddy of 13yrs ( & counting...) whom we practically saw each other grew up, though the different stages in life, sharing our views of everything & anything under the sun.


Carine, a special, special person. Someone whom can read me like a book. Someone whom I can share intimate details with, someone I could go to seek comfort & advice whenever a relatonship problem erupts. She had always hold a very unique place in my heart.


Angie, my dear hongkong friend. (I’m sure you’re reading this.. =P ). Though we know each other for not very long, but her timely and encouraging messages & sms never fail to brighten my day. Just a pity you’re not in Singapore though...


Also, Steven, Serene, John, Crix, Cheyanne, Michelle, Jenny and Anne.

To all these people, if I didnt get a chance to call you before I go... I’d just like to say a big “ Thank You!” Thanks for walking with me at some part of my journey in life. Your presence has made a big difference.



Lastly, before my eyes closes... I hope my family will be there.
I’ll tell them, Don’t be sad... God needs a new angel & He only wanted the best.





I came to this world crying... I just hope that when it’s my time to go, I’ll leave this world smiling.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya, really too bad i'm not stay @ sg.. but it's our fate to become a friend, we fm 2 different countries n stay @ 2 different places, me gratified to have a friend like you, trav! but haiz.. same to you.. loyal someone waiting for someone whom never come back, i always feeling down and depress.. now he treat me as a invisibleman, he dun wanna talk to me anymore liao, but after all they were the one of our life.. can't change.. or we may need to thank them gave us happy, joy, surprises, sad or down. Actually me scared death now, i dun think i'm long-lived, dunno why, pessimistic hor.. haha.. so i also need to thank the ppl who came to my life or will come to my life in the future. no one knows wat will happen next... and of cos, you MUST one of the ppl in my life :) last but not least, me so surprised that mentioned me in ur article, hehe.. thank you ar :) remember trav, you still got us (family & friends), we always be your side, let's cheer up, ok!? ;)