Life in Perspective

Life.

I believe many people at times will find life unfair, tiring, meaningless or just plain... sucks.
I too felt that way many times & on the rare occasion, I'd find life is good.

But it's during one of the darkest period of my life that I truly believe in this phrase; " Everything in life happens for a reason."

Yes, even when something bad happens... & you feel life has hit rock-bottom, it might just turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Looking back at the last few months, I'm pretty certain that if what happened didn't happen. I'd never have accomplish what I'd accomplished.

13hr day (that's the min. by the way...) at work, + 2.5hr travelling time = 15.5hr/day
6hr sleep + 1 hr meals + 1hr shower/shave/toilet = 23.5hr/day

So, I'm practically left with less than 30min/day which is hardly enough to catch my breadth.

Tiring eh?

Yes, in fact... extremely draining especially mentally.

But somehow, I get up each morning feeling great. Ready for work, ready for more challenges.
Somehow, I felt a sense of fulfillment... knowing I left yesterday doing the best I could.

Hard to see myself now leading back my old lifestyle of knocking off at 6, going for dinner, movies or coffee. Yar, of course that was great especially with someone special but I guess God is trying to tell me to pull up my socks now & time for me to do some catching up.

Of course, stress & pressure is part & parcel of working life & no matter which industry, job or position you're in, it'll always be there. What I've learnt so far is... Don't be a slave to it, use it to your advantage. Learn how to turn any situation good or bad to your advantage.

Take stress for eg, when you feel stressed... look on the bright side, it shows you're capable & people have high expectations of you.

Pressure you say? It show's you're talented, people are giving you more & more reponsibilities.

So, you can say the glass is half-empty or you can say it's half-filled.


Take your pick.

4 comments:

thethinker said...

I say the glass is half full.

trav said...

wise choice =P

Anonymous said...

june here...well say n make mi knw alot of stuff..gd ...

happy mon

trav said...

Hi June! How r u doin? Been a long time since we last catch up... should arrange for coffee with Ling one day.

Happy Mon too!