monday's thoughtsCorporate Union


Recent events had prompted me into relooking certain things from a different light. Maybe it was pretty naive of me to assume perseverance will result in happiness. I recalled a recent conversation with a friend, Mark. As usual.. he's been whining to me about how he's unable to shake away the numerous girls that's clinging on to him tighter than his Hush Puppies briefs.



.... this tall, dark & handsome physique.....

I can never comprehend how a guy such as Mark with his philandering ways and nonchalant attitude could be so blissfully surrounded by such fine ladies all the time. Well, maybe this tall, dark and handsome physique help a little.. or maybe it's the beemer convertible he's driving... or could it be the posh downtown apartment that he labels as his bachelor pad... or probably it's the namecards he's been spreading faster than a wildfire that states loudly; "Corporate Banker"?



Maybe in this day and age... feelings count for just a fraction of the package and it's definitely not strong enough to be the deciding factor. Wonder how will marriage be decided upon in my children's or grandchildren's era....?



No comments: