tuesday's thoughtsBalance






Ever so often in our daily pursuit of greater fame and glory in the corporate world.. in our constant struggle, elbowing and back-stabbing to secure that promotion or climb just that step higher in the corporate ladder... Many had chosen to sacrifice time, family, friends and even love.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not one who will be complacent nor satisfied with my current status. I too would like to climb higher and further... but to what expense? I'd ask myself. Would I be truly happy when one day I earn 6-digits a month and command a staff strength worthy of a small army but return home to darkness and silence or a partner whom I address on a first name basis.

End of the day.. would I truly smile by looking at my bank statement or in the arms of the one I truly love.



...you ever say no to another million bucks?


Everything has a line... a balance. I believed in striking a mutual agreement with both sides of the coin. True.. you might not get as high up in the ladder but then again.. there's no last step. There will always be a step higher for you to climb. Would you ever say no to another million bucks? I guess not.



Guess what I'm trying to bring across here is.. keep your head up, look ahead but don''t use the horizon as a yardstick as you will never reach it. Once a while.. look back at how far you've come. A better measurement of success. I'd call it..






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy this post.. got me thinking alot. Maybe I should spend more time with my bf... afterall without that someone you love, all the money in the world can't buy you a simple love.

Thanks!