monday's thoughtsTennis


just blew 150 bucks on this beauty here. The Titanium Nano Ti.S4. Kinda costly for a beginner like me.. but considering it was on sale (which true-blue Singaporean can resist a good SALE??) and it's original price was $300+.

But anyway.. I've zero knowledge on knowing what is a good racquet... For me it has to look good at the very least. Was contemplating between a loud limegreen/black design from Wilson and this. This colour and design won me over finally. Looks good! Had some funny anti-shock thingy at the base of the grip.. feels pretty light (It's only 240g!)

Had my 1st game with my new racquet on Sunday.. great weather, cooling and a little cloudy. Racquet feels ok, with a heavier head as compared to its stem resulting in more power and control. Pretty balance in accuracy and speed as well. Overall.. it was a good 2hrs. (Though I feel badminton is way more tiring.. or maybe I spent 60% of the time picking up balls... hahaha..)

Looking forward to my next game... hopefully this time.. we'll spend 60% of the time playing instead. Hehee..





2 comments:

Rhea said...

huh..i also remembered i bought my tennis racket in the sales for $150 (wilson) but then now is only a white elephant at home. I have change my interest to golf now.

Oh... u see how little my attention span can be. i hope u will fully utilize your racket.

trav said...

ohh.. I'm taking up golf (hopefully) in July too! Any pointers? Good (& cheap)lessons?? Hehehe..